Monday, November 14, 2011

Brady bunch yard sale








I love my husband, but when I married him, he had a small issue about clothes.*a reminder to my readers that I didn't 'live' with him first, maybe I should of( just kidding) You know how when a woman and a man fixin' to go out on a date get all fixed up and look nice?..well.... I think men are blessed in this world where mostly all they need to do is comb their hair,and put some nice clothes. Mmmm, nice clothes. My husband and I had been married a week, and we were going out to a fish house to eat. I did my usual thing, make-up, perfume, nice jeans and cute blouse, grabbed my purse and got in the car, Tony was (as usual) waiting for me,he was driving then I happened to glanced over and I couldn't believe my eyes. (he already was backing up)I took it for granted that he HAD been getting DRESSED."You wearing THAT?" It was a stripped shirt, tattered on the collar, faded,and it was pink I think,even though "it" was tucked in.
"What?",as he put the brakes on.
"Because it looks awful."I said
As he slammed it in park, he said in his best defense,"It's CLEAN."
He just looked at me, he could tell I was not happy so Tony commenced to get out of the car and went BACK in the house, yes he seemed a little mad.But what did I know, I didn't know the man I married as much as I thought, so all almost huffy and mad, he  dug around for a better shirt. I didn't push my luck, but I had to know something. We were almost finished with our meal looking across my our desserts, I looked at him and asked, "Honey, where DID you get that shirt,anyway, I mean how long have you had it?"
He grinned, "Since the 70's"
     (as I was trying NOT to choke on my iced tea) I heard him laugh a little, "That shirt was my favorite, but all I have is old stuff, I'm glad I have someone to advice me."
Was that an insult?I still don't know, but I think he had been a bachelor too long. Anyway, from across the table, I got a GRAND idea, cause I loved him and I wanted to help.And some time later I did mention that some of his shirts came from a 'brady bunch yard sale'. I think he just shrugged. So that Christmas was special, I bought him a few shirts, business casual, regular t-shirts, a leather bomber jacket ( he looked so good in it) and a warm coat so he won't mess up the leather one. That year, we went to his sister's house, of course my husband was wearing all NEW clothes, (he's the baby out of 9 children), I got looks,  I didn't know what the looks were for, new to the family and all, plus I remember they (the sisters and sisters-in-law) scared the heck out of me, but of course, not now, I was kinda alarmed, they all had these Big EYES and shall I say BIG MOUTHS (sorry, had to go there.)They were all doing the "what?" silently with their mouths, but from behind my husband's back, one of the sister's mouthed silently "Thank you"then grinned. "Whew!" I thought, I wasn't the only one thinking of Brady Bunch.








                                              

No comments: