Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How to have Faith while being Clumsy

    I have always been clumsy. I remember spilling my milk at the supper table at least once a

week,when I was young, my dad cursed, with my mom getting a T-Towel(handy because she understood,and foreseen the Spillage). Later in life I would just fall down, nothing tripped me, just BAMM!! There I was... down. Then, my luck, I would get married to a great man that lived on a hill! Oh yeah, people, we are North Little Rock cliff dwellers from Arkansas. And when it rains, and all those fallen leaves get wet, it gets interesting. One time it was raining and my husband and I were getting in our vehicle and as he got in,and started up the car, I slid down, just like the movie McClintock!

with all the mud! He couldn't see me, my legs were under the car!!! Oh no, right?! No lie! With the car running, he couldn't hear me hollering. He says that he remembered 'Where did she go?' It so happened that one of my sons seen me go down but he also slid down. That's when my husband knew something was up (or down).

    Always wanting to be balanced,wishing just to be normal, but without perfect timing,there's no way on earth. I need to look beyond the clumsiness and not as 'graceful' as others, I tend not to dwell on it,brush off, and go on my merry way.This too shall pass.(the spilling etc,)    don't think the affliction was passed to any of my sons, at least I don't think so. So I take one day at a time, and I make sure not to be so upset about it. And also it helps to foresee future falls, always count steps when walking down stairs, pay attention to the 'surface or texture', like wet floors, wet steps. Make sure there is plenty of light where you walk, cause one time I missed a step on my deck and it was dark, here I was with clean pressed uniform(was),big lunch bag,purse,and travel cup with coffee in it. Boom! There I was a'wollerin' on the ground, my dogs in the back yard fenced didn't know what I was since I was in the shadows.
I said, "Shut up,you idiots! It's me.. Moma!",it wasn't their fault they seen a big o blob on the ground all scary looking. Ha, but I didn't
spill my coffee!
But there is one good thing out of being clumsy, when there is ice, and


everybody is sliding around and falling and you're not. It's because you have had plenty of practice.
 
 

No comments: