Sunday, November 6, 2011

Moma Glue (a story about Sherry Newton)

My Moma
Moma and Dad
I had been visiting my mom, she had colon surgery, yes, it was cancer, we just hope they got it all. I had took a few steps along after I had got out of my car, as my husband greeted me, he was waiting out on the front porch,seems like he always been waiting on me, the thought hit me. My mother was the GLUE to our whole family,what were we all to do? She is the one that keeps this whole family together!I said it out loud too. My husband agreed with me with a somber "Yep." I wanted to fall apart, but I didn't want to go to pieces in front of my husband, plus I was NOT a big baby, but boy, did I FEEL like one. I'm somewhat over 50 :) and here I was having a pity party for myself. I would call my best friend on the phone, but you see, that would be my Moma. I felt lost, and not to mention my Dad..... Lordy. My moma has spoiled him so much , there is no way I could hold a candle to her and how to deal with him. It would of been almost cute, but up at the hospital he seemed so lost and forlorn. But he is 78, I think. My mom is 73.Not sure of their ages right now,pretty exhausted.  My family has had a few very high hurdles,if ya know what I mean,  but with my Dad's hot Texan Temper, no one could escape his 'Loud Fatherly advice' but with my Moma's Oklahoma's sweet natured-Sunday-school -teacher's calming charm and peace maker ways, o' Dad didn't have a chance, and the supposedly almost victim lived another day.
Soft socks.  I kept thinking of silly socks as I was eating in the hospital cafeteria with Dad that I could buy my Moma those really soft socks. I know that's not much, but I don't know what else to do besides be there for her and buy her socks (soft ones).               So, I find myself having to be  
very strong,(pull yourself up from the boot-straps thang). I am hoping and praying that along the way while this very strong and loving woman has instilled some of that "GLUE" within me as I was I was being raised as a child, to infuse into my being as a person to do well on earth, and to have some-what high MORALS like a good person should. I close my eyes and take a

Deep trembling breath, I shouldn't ask for favors from God, I am no one special, why would he grant me anything? I NEED her, Lord. Or US shall I say.Still again I don't know what to do.I need some Moma Glue.Maybe I have it already. I know this sounds stupid, but I'm thinking of Spiderman; "Great powers, comes Great Responsibilities". Later she woke up from an very serious operation she smiled and asked if we had breakfast. The Moma Glue is very powerful. ( I smiled back)

the soft socks

No comments: